Tuesday 5 October 2010

and my large collection of different species of birds

Bird In The House (Living Room Recordings) by Mick_Squalor
A little song about a some what sinister collector there.

In less musical explorations of collecting I have recently Collected and Displayed my collection of failed and incomplete collections.




In researching the Displaying of a collection at Norwich Castle, I was able to find my favourite label accompanying an item, or rather lack of:

" The Sword and Mace are being used
for A Civic Event
they will return soon "

I was also able to hear my new favourite emergency alarm when a clearly spoken, yet severely toned voice beamed over the tannoy;

" May I have your attention please,
May I have your attention please.
An emergency situation had developed within the building,
Whilst this is being investigated please remain where you are,
Further information will follow shortly. "

The displays in this museum where clear and logical, yet it is these moments of chaos that stay in your mind in a place this organised. And that is why I prefer the clearly labled collections, far less boisterous and proud than the attention seeking emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment